Friday, February 19, 2010

London calling,

When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life;
 for there is in London all that life can afford 
-Samuel Johnson



Just 16 days until I leave for a week stay in London. I am beyond excited because, as most people feel, London is my favorite city I've yet to see in the world. It has been hard for me to not already start packing and just sit on my overstuffed suitcase patiently waiting to leave for the airport. I'm going with one of my favorite people in the world, Becca Robertson, who I know will be nothing less than a jetsetting superstar. We'll be staying just a skip away from Hyde Park, which makes my heart absolutely melt. I shrill like a 8 year old girl just thinking about it. The only drawback will be that the average temp. is supposed to be a chilling 50 degrees and my southern belle wardrobe just ain't ready for it. I've stocked up on distressed dark denim, studded plaids, and unexpected sequin touches to give the illusion of warmth. I'm hoping that my favorite fur jacket will do the duty of keeping me stylishly warm the entire time, because London deserves more respect than a North Face puffer. Give me your suggestions and tips on what to do in the city, and I'll repay you with tons of snapshots! 
Cheers!
with all my love,
Lily

2 comments:

  1. Shopping! Topshop for sure and Burberry is only natural in the English setting.

    Go the Victoria & Albert Museum. Great fashion section but the other sections are interesting as well.

    London Eye at Sunset.

    Eat fish and chips...and have a nice cold beer.

    Tower of London.

    Ahh there's so much to do in LDN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thank you Kiki :) Sneak away from mouse world and come with us!

    ReplyDelete