Friday, February 26, 2010

Designer Showcase

"I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes."
-Oprah Winfrey

Elizabeth and James is a clothing brand created by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen inspired by their one of a kind vintage pieces they've collected throughout the years. The line was launched in fall on '07 and has received top-notch reviews from me ever since. Even though their clothes are just as beautiful, I've decided to feature their shoe line exclusively.

sit and marvel in the beauty of the craftsmanship. I don't know how one couldn't. To put shoes aside as something materialistic is being narrow minded. Someone's creative mind dreamed these up and made something to make one feel unique and turn an ordinary outfit into something special. High heels are like stunning architecture. But I think instead of walking around looking up at towering buildings we need to look down at everyone's perfectly designed footwear. To me there is something simple and beautiful about it all. Just think about the kind and thoughtful idea of them. They are there to protect you. They are there to guard you from the harsh outer layers of the earth, to elevate you to the cleaner air, to a broader eye sight, a closer reach to the heavens. But most importantly they are there to make you stand out in an impossibly drab world. 

So next time you leave the house in a pair of 
uninspiring shoes and not with your best footwear on, 
remember you're actually keeping yourself from the best parts of life!

Cheers!
with all my love,
Lily


No comments:

Post a Comment